2012 Baseball Battle Gear Charity Auction

benefitting

Starting-Lineup-Bios/WWP4.jpg

View the LIVE ebay auctions HERE!

Thank you for your support of this effort benefitting Wounded Warrior Project.  All items will be authenticated and auctioned by Beyond The Dugout, one of the leading marketing and sales management resources in the game used equipment market.  Net proceeds from the sales of items donated to this event will be provided to Wounded Warrior Project, to benefit their efforts in providing assistance to injured soldiers and their families.

The idea for this event was generated by Chad Reineke, pitcher with the Cincinnati Reds and a friend of our company.  Given the growing interest in the sports memorabilia market, and the growing influence of social media in providing close ties between players and their fans, Chad felt an auction of items collected specifically for a charitable cause would be a good method of maximizing the potential of his own donation.  He chose Wounded Warrior Project based on the service they provide to the men and women who sacrifice daily to protect the freedoms we all enjoy.

The collection of items will occur thru March 24th.  Items collected will be shipped to our office to be authenticated and photographed for the auctions.  Auctions for the collected items will begin Opening Day 2012 (April 5th) at 10:00 PM EST and will run for 10 days.  At the end of the auction, all proceeds will be collected and provided to Wounded Warrior Project (75% will be donated directly via eBay Giving Works; the remaining 25%, net of auction expenses, will be donated 30 days following the final auction).

Starting-Lineup-Bios/Chad-Reineke-Cincinnati-Reds.jpg

Who Wounded Warrior Project Serves...

Wounded Warrior Project™ (WWP) exists to honor and empower Wounded Warriors who incurred service-connected injures on or after September 11, 2001. On that date, America watched in horror as approximately 3,000 people died including hundreds of firefighters and rescue workers.

The tragic events of Sept. 11 are often the reason warriors say they felt a sense of duty to volunteer for the military. These individuals chose to defend our country, and that is why we honor them.

Sept. 11 also served as a catalyst for conflicts Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF). Operation Iraqi Freedom refers to military operations in Iraq that began March 19, 2003 and officially ended August 31, 2010. Operation Enduring Freedom refers to combat operations in Afghanistan and other regions in support of the Global War on Terror.

With advancements in battlefield medicine and body armor, an unprecedented percentage of service members are surviving severe wounds or injuries. For every U.S. soldier killed in World Wars I and II, there were 1.7 soldiers wounded. In Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, for every U.S. soldier killed, seven are wounded. Combined, there have been almost 42,000 injured in the two conflicts – nearly 32,000 injured in Operation Iraqi Freedom and nearly 10,000 in Operation Enduring Freedom.

With the mission to honor and empower Wounded Warriors, WWP is the hand extended to encourage warriors as they adjust to their new normal and achieve new triumphs. Offering a variety of programs and services, WWP is equipped to serve warriors with every type of injury – from the physical to the invisible wounds of war.

Mind Body Economic Empowerment Engagement 
Thank you for your support of Wounded Warrior Project and the

Inaugural Baseball Battle Gear Charity Auction!

This promotion is sponsored by Beyond The Dugout, LLC, which is solely responsible for its fulfillment.  The ‘Wounded Warrior Project’ name and logo is used by permission; The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) is the benefiting organization; Information about WWP may be found by visiting the website at www.woundedwarriorproject.org or by calling WWP at 877-832-6997; 75% of all auction proceeds will be immediately donated to WWP via eBay Giving Works, the remaining 25% of auction proceeds will be donated to WWP net of registration/auction expenses within 30 days of receipt of the final auction payment.